Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 15:02:16 -700
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tip for NGs with slow modem\PC
Folks...
Remember my problems with downloading Newsgroup subjects &
messages with my PS/1 and 2400 bps modem? Well, I've come
across a possible problem for that (aside from the news-
server, slow hardware, etc.).
I found out that once I've downloaded a list of subjects, I
should view them in *UNSORTED* mode, which preserves their
*numerical order* when selected into the usenet.get file for
retrieval. The first few times I did this, I got all my
messages for two different groups (12 - 15) in *one* pass!
Live and learn,
C:\>_______j_e_r_r_y__j__h_a_u_m_b_e_r_g_e_r_______ **another*happy**
#:/>_an_advocate_of_sensible_CLI_operating_systems_ **WordStar*user**
-*- Without mistakes, learning loses its challenge.
Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************