Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2000 03:15:44 -0300
From: hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: using the same "message directory" twice

The Nettamer setup allows several accounts (with different ISPs etc.)
to run; logically, the "message directories" for up- and downloads of
the differnt accounts/users are different - and should be, in the
normal cause of events.

I happen to have not so always normal conditions with my net access
(the IAP to dial in and to get at the POP3 mailserver), sometimes the
usual one is overcrowded at its dial-in point, or works extremely
slow. So I did set up (at least) two access ways (dial-in setups).
This would require though to copy prepared mails from the message
directory of the first account to that of the second, and downlouds from
using the second from its message directory back into the first.

By accident I learnt that it's indeed possible to use the *same* message
directory for both: the trick is to write the entries for "Mssg.Dir" in
the two setup screens slightly differently, but still DOS-conform - in
the first setup I use capital letters and add the trailing backslash,
in the second setup I write the same path\directory string with lower
case and without the trailing backslash (and Nettamer adds it in the
display filed automatically).

As Nettamer evidently stores the entries as given, the difference seems
enough - even if the two entries are equal in terms of DOS
functionality - to make it accept the same message path for the two
accounts. This saves me quite some work sometimes, and errors (when
one Dial-in doesn't work, I would promtly forget to do all the copies
for upload with the mail run on the second IAP access).

I only hope that Davild Colston will *not* mend this "bug" of a
"dangerous backdoor" ... <bg>.

// Heimo Claasen   //   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   //   Brussels 2000-03-08
HomePage of ReRead - and much to read ==> http://www.inti.be/hammer




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to