Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:59:16 -000
From: Mike Millen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: backups and zip? hi there, i have only one question, but i am tryi


Hi Karen,

  KL>i would prefer using pkzip as i donot have a second drive to play with.
  KL>however do i type it just like that?
  KL>pkzip -rp -& kl_back

Almost. I forgot to direct the zip file to the A: drive, but otherwise,
yes... exactly like this:

pkzip -rp -& a:\kl_back c:\*.*

I've added a c:\ as well, so you can start it from a dos prompt anywhere.
(so long as pkzip is on your path)

The zipfile name of kl_back is just what I made up... you can call
it anything you like, of course.

  KL>i am not being difficult, but one never knows what
  KL>important stuff you miss when using a screen reader.

Not at all... you are totally right in being careful about commands
like that, especially if all your data depends on it.

I know it's a lot more time and more disks, but if you can, you
should make a second backup, just to be safe. If you don't have
enough disks for all of it then change the c:\*.* to the directory
that is most important.

  KL>i would guess it matters not which v of zip?
  KL>i think i have 2.4 or 5

It will work perfectly with either 2.04 or 2.5 (I think that's
how the versions went)

  KL>thanks sincerely,

You're most welcome. I hope it solves your problem.

Bon chance,
Mike




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to