Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:08:05 -0600
From: "Mike Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Freewwweb and DOS


I just spent a little time experimenting with freewwweb.
You'll need to have  access to a browser that is capable of 
accessing a secure server to set up the account.  

They tried to change my internet settings by running 
"signup.ins", but I caught that and saved  the file rather than 
letting it run.  Apparently the account was processed anyway. 

After setting up the account I have been able to access it with 
both Nettamer and Lynx386. Wether they will cancel the 
account if I don't access their home page with I.E., I can't say. 
I don't know how they monitor compliance with the 
requirement that their site is your browser's "home" page.

Anyway there is a free internet connection that can be 
accessed from dos.

Mike



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to