Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 11:55:36 +0000
From: "Michael L. Dawley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Freewwweb and DOS
> Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 23:08:05 -0600
> From: "Mike Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Freewwweb and DOS
> After setting up the account I have been able to access it with
> both Nettamer and Lynx386. Wether they will cancel the
> account if I don't access their home page with I.E., I can't say.
> I don't know how they monitor compliance with the
> requirement that their site is your browser's "home" page.
> Anyway there is a free internet connection that can be
> accessed from dos.
> Mike
------
Hi Mike,
I believe they use the "honor system". Makes me wonder how
long that will last, as the WIN 95-98 Free ISP's force you
to look at the ad-bar. I tried one, and it swamped my processor
and HDD with the advertisement feed. I barely had enough left
to do a little surfing on my own.<g>
-------------------
Michael L. Dawley
Pearl, Mississippi
-------------------
Tandy 4850 EP 486DX2-50
8 MB Ram 120 MB HDD
Hayes Accura 14.4 Modem
-------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/ms/telegram/arachne.html
-- Arachne V1.60;b2, NON-COMMERCIAL copy, http://arachne.cz/
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************