Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:59:43 -000
From: Mike Millen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: adobe and DOS?  a tad off topic


 From: John Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  JG>NL>       ...If you want to try the DOS software, you can FTP it
  JG>NL>from ftp.foolabs.com/pub/xpdf/xpdf-0.90-dos.zip...

  JG>I've just downloaded the DOS software but program pdftotex.exe can't
  JG>convert file license.pdf which comes with the Adobe Acrobat3 reader
  JG>and puts out an error message "PDF file is encrypted and cannot be
  JG>displayed"

Which is unfortunately the same result as I got with the pdf file that
Karen L wanted converted.  :(

It was also the gist of the email back from the automatic convertor
at Adobe... no permission to decrypt! Stupidly, the form displayed
and printed perfectly with the regular Acrobat for Windows that is
given away free at every turn.

I've sent her a pcl file of the form now... more than 1 way to skin a
cat.  :)

Mike




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to