Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:32:54 -400
From: Tom Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: A lynx question, or is it a nettamer one?


On 16th Apr 00 at 11.58am, Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

NL>Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 12:17:13 +0400 From:
NL>[EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: A lynx question, or is it a
NL>nettamer one?


NL>I have a problem I hope someone can help me with.  I have an
NL>account with MyPoints, which makes it possible to earn points
NL>and later redeem them for merchandise.  The problem is that
NL>it doesn't work with Nettamer.  And I have tried with the
NL>March 27 beta and it still doesn't work.  Uncle Dave seems to
NL>think it's a problem with cookies which means there's no
NL>solution.  My next thought is to save the urls and upload
NL>them to my shell account and use Lynx from there to get my
NL>points.  The question is: 1.  Is this possible?, and 2. If
NL>so, how do I do it?  What do I name the file with the urls?
NL>Where do I direct the uploads, and how do I access the urls
NL>from the Lynx in my shell account?  Any help would be
NL>appreciated. Thanks!

It may be a problem with JavaScript or a secure site, in which case
neither Net-Tamer nor Lynx will help you, and if it's a secure site, or
it's beyond Arachne's understanding of JavaScript, that won't help,
either.  But, what I'd do, rather than uploading the URLs to your shell
account, is to login to your shell account, and either edit the Lynx
bookmark file (Lynx will tell you how) and add the URLs to it (it's
HTML, so you'll have to actually add the HTML command to go to those
URLs), and give it a shot.  Or, you could just tell Lynx to go to those
URLs and add the links to the bookmark file using the Lynx "a" command
while connected.  Good luck.


-- 73 DE Tom Rutherford, N8EUJ, Burton, MI

You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

NTReader v0.23(P)/Beta in conjunction with Net-Tamer




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to