Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:39:18 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: have a question about news groups?

MIME version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
boundary="--tcpsmtp060270200021020037"
--tcpsmtp060270200021020037
  

Dana:

      If you are setup to "automatically" get new newsgroup messages 
each time you log into your ISP, then you have taken control of 
matters out of your hands and placed it in Net-Tamer's. If you have, 
on the other hand, configured Net-Tamer NOT to retrieve new messages 
automagically, you can "order" new messages in selected newsgroups as 
you like when you like. This is done by pressing F3 ("work") where you 
see it noted at the bottom of your screen. Pick option B (download) 
from the menu evoked by pressing F3. You'll see a list of newsgroups. 
Position the highlightbar on one such newsgroup and press ENTER. 
You'll be presented with an instruction box and a field below to enter 
a range of messages to download from that newsgroup. Be sure to follow 
the instructions in the instruction box above the input field. In most 
cases, you won't need to change the value in the input field. Instead, 
you'll just press ENTER and Net-Tamer is ready to download new 
messages from that newsgroup. To start the download process, ESC back 
to the screen where "F3 Work" is at the bottom. Press F6, select 
option E, and press ENTER. Net-Tamer will automatically call your ISP, 
login, download new messages -- only those you ordered in selected 
newsgroups -- and then log off.

      In the event you are set to download messages automatically, 
you'll have to delete such newsgroups from your Net-Tamer setup and 
then add them back -- this time, answering NO to the option for 
automatically downloading new USENET messages. Alternately, you can 
use a small program called EDITGRP.EXE to edit USENET.REC. This 
software is still available at:

http://members.tripod.com/~freezack/editgrp.exe

Note, however, that Net-Tamer itself may not properly download this 
file since a script must be launched -- probably javascript -- that 
Net-Tamer cannot handle. In the past, I've attempted the download in 
Net-Tamer, and I would wind up with an EDITGRP.EXE that was nothing 
more than a text file named EDITGRP.EXE containing the text of an
error message from the host server.

                       Walter Scott

On 2000-06-27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and the Net-Tamer List Group:

 ::>Hi all, I just want to get messages from 1 news group, and not the
 ::>rest that is in the list I set up to be subscribed to.
 ::>For example, lets say I have 5 groups I want it to get, but lets
 ::>say I want to get the rec.radio.cb news group, and skip the rest,
 ::>and I want it to get all messages from rec.radio.cb. how do i do
 ::>that?
 
[[[[[ News & Views 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week. That's The Net ]]]]]

Net-Tamer V 1.09.2  - Registered

--tcpsmtp060270200021020037



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to