Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:40:19 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: have a question about news groups?

MIME version: 1.0
Content-Type: message/rfc822
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
boundary="--tcpsmtp060280200005045030"
--tcpsmtp060280200005045030
  

Dana:

     Why was it necessary to make two passes? I've configured ALL of my 
newsgroups NOT to automatically download new messages. When I DO want 
new messages, I do F3, selection B, "order" new messages for the 
newsgroups I wish to see, ESC twice, F6, and option E. Net-Tamer goes 
online and gets everything I need in one pass -- no sweat, no muss, no 
fuss. The only reason I can imagine for having to do two passes is if 
you download a subject list for each newsgroup first, go to the 
trouble of marking messages you want to read from the list, and then
go back online to get those messages. 

                     Walter Scott

On 2000-06-28 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and the Net-Tamer List Group:

 ::>Ok, I have tryed that, but had to make 2 runs to get the messages I
 ::>wanted, I just figured it might be a easier way, thanks.
 
[[[[[ News & Views 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week. That's The Net ]]]]]

Net-Tamer V 1.09.2  - Registered

--tcpsmtp060280200005045030



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to