Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 00:08:79 -600
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Optimizing Net-Tamer

Hi, folks --

Now that I've got my IBM PC/XT up and running nicely along with
its 9600 bps ZOOM modem and Net-Tamer, I was wondering if any of
you had any futher suggestions to optimize my system for speed
that I may have overlooked.

As my signature below indicates, I'm using PC DOS 3.3 on a 20 MB
HDD with 512k RAM.  I don't want to increase the RAM, but instead,
would like to attain whatever optimum performance possible with
the existing RAM and hardware.

Here's my autoexec.bat file:

@ECHO OFF
CLS

DATE
TIME

CLS

PATH C:\;C:\DOS;C:\BATCH;C:\UTIL;C:\WS33
SET TEMP=C:\TEMP

FASTOPEN C:=50
ECHO.

TIMEPARK 5
ECHO.
ECHO.

PAUSE

PROMPT=$P$G


And here's my config.sys file:

BUFFERS=24
FILES=40
LASTDRIVE=D
DEVICE=C:\DOS\ANSI.SYS


Thanks for any additional advice!  The system seems to run well,
but I'm always looking for more ideas to get more out of less... ;-)

Jerry >>>> ZOOM 9600 bps V.42bis | IBM PC/XT & PC Color Display <<<<
      >>>>> PC DOS 3.3 & WordStar 3.30p | 20 MB HDD & 360K FDD <<<<<

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to