Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 00:02:53 -0500
From: "Mike Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HELP WITH MY MODEM
I'd try the manufacturers website for a start. If you don't know
who made them, run the FCC ID number through the FCC
data base.
You can also check the FCC ID at:
http://www.o2.net/~gromitkc/winmodem.html
and find out if it is a real modem or a winmodem.
RPI modems are half way real modems that may function OK
with no error correction. I had a 14.4 that connected at 14.4 on
local calls with no problem.
If it was not intended to be sold in the USA it probably won't
have an FCC ID as that one of our laws. I don't know if there is
a Canadian equivalent.
On 29 Jul 00, at 14:22, Nettamer List wrote:
> Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 16:42:11 +330
> From: Jim Fidler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: HELP WITH MY MODEM
>
> Hi all,
> I've picked up 2 new modems within the last few days. They are both "plug
> and play" rockwells; one a 28.8 and the other a 33.6. My problem is, I'm
> using Dos. I figured someone here might be able to tell me where to go to
> get Dos drivers and plug and play configuration software. Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jim Fidler
>
> Jim Fidler
> P.O. box 5851 St. John's, Newfoundland A1C 5X3
> Url: www.liane.net/fidler or www.wordplay.com/fidler
> E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Radio call: VO1RV
>
>
> Remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************