Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 10:45:36 -000
From: Mike Millen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: problem with newsgroups
Hi Dorothee,
>i've done as you said. but what is the best answer to the question:
>"get all new messages automatically"? yes, or no?
It depends on how you like to read Newsgroups.
I ALWAYS answer YES because I want to have all new messages
downloaded every time I log on.
Some people prefer just to have the message headers so they
can read the headers and decide which messages to download
next time they log on.
My personal opinion is that this is much too tedious and
unnecessary.
The only (small) problem with answering YES is that the very
first time you log on with a new Newsgroup selected you will
be downloading a LOT of messages (maybe 1000 or more). It depends
how many messages your ISP saves in each group. It is not a
problem if you have a fast modem and cheap phone calls. :)
Best regards,
Mike
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************