Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:39:55 +0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: nettamer and the web..!


I went to the site:  

         www.nytimes.com/library/opinion/safire/081700safi.html

Net-Tamer 1.12.0 running on a 486DX33 with 36MB RAM and DRDOS 7.03 
couldn't bring up the page.  Instead, it seemed to go into a loop 
wherein it brought in 250 bytes, and then called the host again and 
brought in 250 bytes, and so on.  This continued with the only variation 
being that the count was sometimes 251 bytes.  The page never loaded.  I 
had to terminate with Alt-ESC.  

I then used Lynx to go to the page.  No problem, but I noticed that it 
first went to the page and then seemed pause briefly and then started 
loading.  I got the whole article with Lynx, so it's not impossible to 
get there except with Net-Tamer, apparently.

Perhaps someone can save the page in html and see what might be causing 
the problem with Net-Tamer.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to