Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 08:23:59 -800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: DSZ and telnet


I mentioned the DSZ issue to Tom Rutherford in a private message and he 
mentioned something that I had forgotten (if I had ever even noticed 
it).  DSZ.COM does _not_ support 7-bit transfers, BUT another version of 
DSZ _does_ support 7-bit transfers:  DSZ.EXE

DSZ.EXE uses a little more memory than DSZ.COM, so that might be a 
consideration for some, though I never had a problem with it that I can 
recall.  I tried it and it did automatically request a 7-bit transfer 
when the first byte failed during a telnet session, but it ultimately 
failed to get a response from the remote to repeated requests for a 
7-bit transfer.  It's possible that particular remote system 
(bbs.execpc.com) isn't allowing 7-bit transfers.  That may not be the 
case with _all_ remote systems, and it may be worth trying DSZ.EXE in 
place of DSZ.COM with telnet in case it will work with a particular 
system that you are trying to access for uploading and downloading.  It 
will either work or it won't.

Note:  If you have both DSZ.COM and DSZ.EXE in the same directory, 
DSZ.COM will be executed instead of DSZ.EXE.  I keep the copies zipped 
so that I can extract and use either one without the other being active.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to