Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:22:32 -800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: DSZ and telnet

On 2000-11-14 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >CC: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >Status:
   >Would ya know where I could get copies of the zmodem programs
   >mentioned here?  thanks!
   >the seth creatures
   >Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered

DSZ is available in the Simtel MSDOS archives, so it should be available 
at any ftp site that has a Simtel mirror that Net-Tamer can get to.  

Omen Technology has a web site (www.omen.com) that you can try.  I 
didn't use Net-Tamer to go there the last time, but Lynx will work if 
Net-Tamer doesn't.  Omen Technology also offers a 32-bit console 
application that includes telnet (that would work with Win9x).

For the other telnet programs, I went to Windows and searched for them.  
Netterm is a Windows program and so is Anzio Lite.  There is a DOS 
version of Anzio Lite that might work for people who want to do telnet, 
but that version assumes dialup access to the shell, I believe.  If you 
have a PPP connection, I don't think the DOS version works for that.

Anzio Lite (in its variations) can be found at www.anzio.com.

I'm afraid I can't remember where I got Netterm, but it should also be 
in the Simtel archives, with Win 3.x software.  The documentation for 
Netterm doesn't include a web site, just places where you can _pay_ for 
a license to use the program.  The only web location is an "https" site, 
which means "secure" and would require a browser with that capability.

Ronald Dailey
  

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to