Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 15:02:26 -0800 (PST)
From: "Grant E. Metcalf" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FYI

The following email was forwarded to me and I thought if someone on
the list was interested, they might contact Mike Keithley.

Shotgun Nettamer 1.08 braille manual to give away
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:32:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike keithley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Shotgun Nettamer 1.08 braille manual to give away

Hello all
I have a braille manual I did for Nettamer 1.08.  I don't use the software
anymore but hate to throw it out.  (I remember the afternoon I did it -
took a long time1)

This manual was done in "translate exactly" mode and formated to 8 1/2 x 11
inch thin paper.  (I had an Everest embossor at the time and thin paper was
the only thickness it would handle reliably.)  By thin I mean the thickness
of typing paper.  It is interpoint.

The thing doesn't pretend to be professional.  The braille looks like what
you'd expect seeing 6-dot braille on a paperless display without indication
of uppercase.

Sounds awful, doesn't it!  But it's quite readable (after you get used to
it) and strings like modem commands are preserved (assuming you know what
should, and should not be, in uppercase.  And surprisingly, the braille
has held up for something like 4 years.  It is in a soft 1 inch notebook
binder (actually an old Optacon training binder).

Email me if you want it FCFS.  The address is [EMAIL PROTECTED]



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to