Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:34:10 -800
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Nettamer vs. Bobcat


I was pointed by W. Buttles to Mr. Kaufman's web site, where lynx386 is
located.  To point up this packages efficient use of EMS/XMS, and it's
solving of the "out of memory" problems, is to miss half the story.  It is
an almost exact copy of the latest Unix version of Lynx, with full-blown
features like cookie handling, forms rendering, built-in ftp and
newsreading, just to name a few.  I was so impressed, I dashed off an email
after just an hour of use, and offered a contribution to Mr. Kaufman for
the software.  Lynx386 may be found at: http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/.

May I assume that you do not have hardware compatible with this package?
Please keep us informed of your search for a compatible browser.  I find
that most software that runs on legacy hardware will be especially fast and
stable on my 486 machine.

FWIW, for News and Mail, I don't see how you can do any better than
Nettamer.  Bugs included, it is still the best way I have found to do mail
and news from within dos.

Regards, Lee Kokot
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       www.primenet.com/~lkokot

"All people think of is opening new restaurants."  C. Chaplin

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to