Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 19:58:46 -700
From: Walter Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Nettamer vs. Bobcat

I suspect the latest version of Lynx386 is pretty slick. Its last 
release was less than a month ago. Having lots of EMS/XMS to play in 
can solve a multitude of problems one might otherwise have, and is an 
option I could exercise. But, I'm always on the lookout for software 
that can make my 12-year-old 8086 laptop as useful as I can make it 
-- even though I have a PENTIUM II with a few bells and whistles. 
I'll post here if I run across anything as or more useful than Bobcat 
for the 8086 laptop.

                       Walter Scott

On 2001-01-08 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
and the group:

 ::>I was pointed by W. Buttles to Mr. Kaufman's web site, where
 ::>lynx386 is located.  To point up this packages efficient use of
 ::>EMS/XMS, and it's solving of the "out of memory" problems, is to
 ::>miss half the story.  It is an almost exact copy of the latest Unix
 ::>version of Lynx, with full-blown features like cookie handling,
 ::>forms rendering, built-in ftp and newsreading, just to name a few.
 ::>I was so impressed, I dashed off an email after just an hour of use,
 ::>and offered a contribution to Mr. Kaufman for the software.
 ::>Lynx386 may be found at: http://www.rahul.net/dkaufman/.
 ::>May I assume that you do not have hardware compatible with this
 ::>package?
 
[[[[[ News & Views 24 Hours A Day, 7 Days A Week. That's The Net ]]]]]

Net-Tamer V 1.09.2  - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to