Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 21:55:26 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: rotate dialing and a US Robotics modem


Had some time at hand and downloaded the pdf file with the
modem manual.  Sorry to say so, but it was only meant for
Windows (95) users and above. Did not give any useful info
in the first 70 pages, so I skipped the last pages, not
expecting anything useful ;-).  I am still with the
question about the use and preferred defaults. Most
problems I have with understanding things like Xon/Xoff (do
I need it?) and DTR/DSR RTS/CTS.  I have the feeling that
in one of these commands lays the reason why my NT does not
get a useful info from the modem.  I ran Modem doctor and
got following info:

quote
Lowering DTR signal
DSR did not follow DTR drop
or is set as a permanent ON
DSR followed DTR raise
or is set as a permanent ON

Lowering RTS signal
. waiting for CTS to follow
CTS did not follow RTS drop
usually normal for modems
CTS followed RTS raise
or is set as a permanent ON

Dynamic RTS CTS test
Modem not using RTS/CTS handshake hold

Dynamic Xon/Xoff test
modem not using Xon/Xoff handschake
most modems do not use this

unquote
Can anybody tell me if this info is useful, are the results
as they should be and what I should do with it?


--

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to