Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 00:20:56 +0400
From: "Mark in Clinton TWP.  MI.  USA" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Browsers -- Bobcat


Hello Jerry,
    What was the $50 price tag for?  Is that for Bobcat?
          Thanks,
        Mark


On 2001-06-18 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   -Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 23:13:00 -700
   -On 2001-06-15 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <Sam Heywood> said:
   ->Wayne Buttles is the current primary developer of DosLynx, as well
   ->as Bobcat and several other Lynx ports.  Due to technical
   ->difficulties, DosLynx development is currently at a stand-still.
   ->Bobcat, a derivative of the much more capable Unix Lynx, is Wayne's
   ->primary DOS focus at present, and should be downloaded and tried by
   ->anyone needing a DOS web browser.  In general, it appears to be
   ->faster and more reliable than DosLynx, and supports forms, which
   ->the newest versions of DosLynx do only to a very limited extent.
   -Before I bought Net-Tamer some years ago, I remember trying out an
   -early version of Bobcat -- I got it going after a lot of trouble,
   -but it was pretty weak.  So I was curious to try out the latest
   -version of Bobcat, which now works much more easily, and it only
   -took me about an hour to get it to dialup properly (after fiddling
   -with the dialup script).  I have to admit that Bobcat parses web
   -pages much neater than Net-Tamer, except I don't believe that
   -Minuet's price tag ($50.00) makes up for the e-mail/news
   -capabilities combined in Net-Tamer.  Nonetheless, I set up Bobcat
   -for DOS web browsing and will probably use it more for that than I
   -would with Net-Tamer.  Although it's a lot less convenient, it *is*
   -possible for me to view and send/reply to e-mail on my ISP, which
   -has Web e-mail access, with Bobcat.
   -Of course, it's hard to match what Net-Tamer does with such a small
   -amount of resources! ;-)
   -Thanks for pointing me to Bobcat again... it's certainly about the
   -best example (along with Doslynx) of what can be done with plain
   -text, the Web and DOS.
   -Jerry... on his IBM  PS/2 Model 30 / 286 | My laptop computer's a
   -*****    33.6kbps/30MB HD/1 MB RAM/10MHz | Tandy TRS-80 Model 100
   -Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered
   -********************************************************
   -To unsubscribe from this list,
   -send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   -Unsubscribe
   -as the subject.
   -You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   -********************************************************



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to