Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 16:06:39 -0400
From: Richard Feltenberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: no export function in nettamer
Greetings,
You could save the message to archives with s then a. Type s then d
and answer yes to decode the uu file. Now you will be back in the
message, and you can press alt-u. It will ask if you want to keep the
original file, and you can answer no because you have already saved it
in archives. Now you can get out of Nettamer and use a dos utility to
get it from your msg directory.
Another way you can do it is to use the alt-f to forward it. It will
end up in your msg directory with a name like mail.$01 and it will not
have all the header junk on it. Copy it from there to where you want
it, and delete the mail.$01 file.
I hope this helps you.
Richard
On 2001-08-20 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:09:49 -0700
>On 2001-08-20 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
>>Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:15:55 +0400
>>Okay, I try save with that message and choose disk file. Then I
>>choose not to prepare a uudecode file since this is a large text
>>message. At that time, nettamer proceeds to lock my computer up.
>>I suppose preparing a uudecode will do no harm if there are no
>>files to decode but I have to experiment with that to find out for
>>sure. I want this file outside of the nettamer universe to protect
>>it from what may happen with the nettamer software in future.
>I see in another message that this is a FAQ included in the body of
>a or uuencoded material, and that's true even with the Net-Tamer
>FAQ, if I remember correctly. This happens even though there is no
>such material within the FAQ. You can choose to ignore or you can
>choose to decode, but you _can't_ save the entire message if you
>choose to decode becuase in that case Net-Tamer will _skip_ saving
>the message and attempt to is no such material, nothing at all will
>be saved.
>How big is this FAQ you are trying to save? I'm not aware of any
>problem with _saving_ a large message to disk, and I've never had
>Net-Tamer lock up when saving a message to disk. This sounds more
>like some problem with your system configuration rather than
>Net-Tamer, but let's keep working on it.
>Have you tried Marking the message in the index that will appear
>when you starting reading new messages? If you Mark the message by
>pressing M while the particular message subject is highlighted, you
>should be able to press X and tell Net-Tamer where to move the
>message. That may work if you are having trouble saving the
>message otherwise. If it works, the result will be the same as if
>you saved it to a file using the Save command except that the
>message will be deleted afterward.
>If nothing else works, you can exit Net-Tamer entirely and use
>another utility, such as LIST (Vernon Buerg's file viewer) to show
>the FAQ and mark and copy it to another file. I use LIST all the
>time for purposes like that.
>Ronald Dailey
>--
>RCD
>Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************