Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:42:09 -0500
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: nettamer can't establish ppp connection with Mindspring Louisville POP

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 16:59:45 -0500, Nettamer List wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2001 17:31:54 -0700
> From: "Randy Formenti N8KL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: nettamer can't establish ppp connection with Mindspring Louisville POP

> I have been using nettamer with Mindspring calling the San Jose CA POP with
> no problems. I recently moved to Louisville and found that nettamer can't
> establish a PPP connection.  Password is accepted but then computer freezes
> when
> trying to connect to the DNS server and the program is unresponsive which
> means reboot or end task.  It crashes before any attempt to
> connect to pop server. Modem stays connected and even if unplugged, nettamer
> doesn't respond.  When I call my original number long distance,
> everything works.  No .err file is created.  If anyone on the list has a
> mindspring account, please try the Louisville pop which is
> 502 379-4492.  Microsoft dialup networking has no problem
> with the Louisville number.

I have been reading some complaints on the Arachne mailing list
posted by other Mindspring users who are saying that it appears
that Mindspring is no longer a real ISP.  As such it works only
with dialup software which incorporates the right psuedo-standards.
I don't think the problem with Mindspring is a Nettamer problem.
Mindspring doesn't work any more with Arachne either.  It used to
work before they "fixed" it.

Sam Heywood

-- This mail was written by user of The Arachne Browser - http://arachne.cz/



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to