Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:04:06 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: recieved request

>From what I've been able to find out about this from reviewing some 
material on the web, you have to send an appropriate command to the 
server at the time the mail is sent.  Net-Tamer cannot send any such 
command so far as I can see.  One document I found on the web refers to 
this as Delivery Status Notification (DSN).  I've gotten what is called 
a "negative" DSN, such as when you get a message back saying something 
like "your message could not be delivered for five days."  This sort of 
DSN has been available all along.

Positive DSN is said to be _not_ standard; that is, that not all servers 
support it.  So, even if your software _can_ request a receipt 
notification, you may not get one back _even_ though your message may 
have been successfully delivered. 

Anyway, to repeat what I said earlier, Net-Tamer doesn't have this 
feature implemented and can't request a receipt notification.

Ronald Dailey

On 2001-11-26 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 19:45:49 +500
   >Hello,
   >Is there any way I can get a message back from an isp to say that
   >it has received the message I have sent to some one, as you can in
   >some of the windows email programmes?
   >Best wishes, Tony Pearce
   >Pembrokeshire,Wales,UK: email,[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   >********************************************************
   >To unsubscribe from this list,
   >send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   >Unsubscribe
   >as the subject.
   >You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   >********************************************************

-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to