Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:16:42-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Subject: Re: Modem work with one ISP

Hello Renaldo:

The "off the shelf" versions of Nettamer and NetMail Pro,
another Nettamer product, will not work with a few ISPs.
When I changed ISPs a few years ago I found that Nettamer
would not work with my new ISP.  I wrote to Uncle Dave about
the problem and he sent me a slightly modified version by
email.  Also when I first started trying out NetMail Pro
with my current ISP I experienced the same problem.  Uncle
Dave made a modified version of NetMail Pro and sent it to
me.  My modified versions of Nettamer and NetMail Pro work
just fine with my ISP, but the "off the shelf" versions
will not work.

I wish Uncle Dave would make his modified versions available
on his website for download.

If your modem will not work on your ISP with Nettamer, and
if it will work with the same ISP when you use alternative
DOS internet applications, then the problem is not with your
modem.  In this case the problem is either due to some error
in your setup or the ISP has a peculiarity like mine and
you will need to use a modified version of Nettamer.

Will Nettamer work with your ISP when you use a different
modem?  If it works when you are using a different modem,
then the problem is either with the modem or with the
setup, to include possibly modem initialization strings.

All the best,

Sam Heywood

On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 09:32:42 00 renaldo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello Friends,
> I own a external modem, the problem is I can use it only with one ISP, can I
> change something to make it work with my ISP or can I run some program that
> will allow me to use it with my ISP.
> Or will I have to scrap it, as I do not intend to join the ISP that market
> this modem.
> Regards
> Renaldo.

-- Message sent by Net-Mail Pro (DOS). See http://www.nettamer.net/xagent.html



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to