Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 22:35:37 +0700
From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Nettamer Digest #19


Dear Sam,
Interesting, your story about a modified Nettamer.
I am running into troubles from time to time if my local ISP
changes something on their system. I was left in the cold
for some time with my Nettamer but could connect to the Isp
with an earlier version (1.09). Now I can receive my email
but cannot send because Nettamer is just waiting very short
for the smtp to show up and than abandons the connection. I
can send with Linux mail programs and I can use another
phone number of a 60 km telephone number of that ISP. They
seem to change less in their software. I still do not know
if Uncle Dave can adapt our Nettamer to all of the
possibilities that a ISP can think of. Especially not if we
ourself cannot determine where they are playing with and
they, the ISP techs normally do not have an idea where they
have made some changes.
Sam, could you describe the problems that you had?

 ND>Date: Sun, 14 2001 10:16:42-0400
 ND>From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 ND>Subject: Subject: Re: Modem work with one ISP

 ND>Hello Renaldo:

 ND>The "off the shelf" versions of Nettamer and NetMail Pro,
 ND>another Nettamer product, will not work with a few ISPs.
 ND>When I changed ISPs a few years ago I found that Nettamer
 ND>would not work with my new ISP.  I wrote to Uncle Dave about
 ND>the problem and he sent me a slightly modified version by
 ND>email.  Also when I first started trying out NetMail Pro
 ND>with my current ISP I experienced the same problem.  Uncle
 ND>Dave made a modified version of NetMail Pro and sent it to
 ND>me.  My modified versions of Nettamer and NetMail Pro work
 ND>just fine with my ISP, but the "off the shelf" versions
 ND>will not work.

 ND>I wish Uncle Dave would make his modified versions available
 ND>on his website for download.

<big snip> 


--

" Every little BYTE helps "

NTReader v0.35w(P)/Beta (Registered) in conjunction with Net-Tamer.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to