Paul Tagliamonte <[email protected]> writes:

> pgp_put_public_rsa_key seems to throw an assertion error:

Note that the pgp functions in Nettle are undocumented and unfinished.
Cool that anybody else is having a look at them.

> Can someone who groks the code confirm this?

Can't say I really grok the code either, I wrote those functions back in
2007... But it looks fishy to me with two calls to pgp_put_header, using
the same tag value PGP_TAG_PUBLIC_KEY. If you have read the spec
recently, is there any way that could be correct?

I'd suggest deleting the second call to pgp_put_header (the one with the
PGP_LENGTH_TWO_OCTETS argument). The the correct body length should be
passed to the first pgp_put_header call, and the variable start, and the
assert, check that we really generate a packet body matching that
length.

In case you'd like to try to get some more of the pgp code in shape,
additional testcases would be a good place to start.

The way I remember it, I tried passing the generated pckets to gpg, but
it was a bit difficult to get any interoperability by supporting only
the "new" openpgp formats. Things might have changed since then, of
course.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.
_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to