[email protected] (Niels Möller) writes:

> Below replacement for sha1-compress.asm seems to run on roughly 2
> cycles/byte when I benchmark it on an "AMD Ryzen 7 1700X" cpu in the gcc
> compile farm. Still sligthly slower than openssl, to squeeze out a few
> more cycles, it might help to change the sha1_compress interface to let
> it process more than one 64-byte block at a time.
>
> I hope to be able to wire it up via fat-x86_64.c reasonably soon. In the
> mean time, if anyone wants to try it out, just change the
> sha1-compress.asm symlink to point to this file.

Enabled via fat-x86_64 now, and pushed to a branch named
x86_64-sha_ni-sha1.

I intend to merge to master soon.

Testing and benchmarking appreciated.

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid 368C6677.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.
_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to