From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:newbie-owner@;linux-mandrake.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Myers
Sent: Saturday, 9 November 2002 11:13 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: lm_sensors was Re: [newbie] Way, way of topic

On Friday 08 November 2002 07:46 pm, Roger Sherman wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002, Tom Brinkman wrote:
> > If it's from lm_sensors, it's
> > comin from a probe (thermistor) that either reads one of the cpu's
> > pins, or is in contact with the die.  From a pin is slightly better,
>
> I know this has been covered here before, but I can't find it in the
> archives (I can never find anything in those damn archives!). How does one
> set up lm_sensors, once installed?

Go into a console and su to root, give password, at the prompt type
"sensors-detect" without the quotes of course, it will take you through a
dialogue of yes no answers and at the end give you some scripts to edit into
/etc/rc.d/rc.local and  /etc/modules.conf  files just highlight them and in
your choice of editors click middle mouse button or rightmouse and paste the
additions in. For the rc.local I always add the changes right after the
first
dialogue paragraph. Works every time for me. HTH
--
Dennis M. linux user #180842