someone was suggesting win4lin to try to run a couple of programs..
counter strike and something else... (sorry lost the original mail)

I own win4lin and I can tell you one thing...
if it required direct x it won't run on win4lin
some network programs won't run on it (ones that i've tried:  KaZaa,
WinMX, Cheetachat are a few that don't work) and anything that uses
msvbvm dll's won't run.
(not sure if the msvbvm problem is just on my machine, but i've never
gotten anything that uses msvb to work)

For normal every day apps it works great though.  I can run MS office,
Realplayer, Quicktime, Photoshop, thing like that on it with no problem.

Jerry