At 10:22 PM 12/17/2002 -0600, you wrote:
Anne,
I don't print many envelopes and I don't make them part of the main document.
The OO letter function does not work quite as well as MS Office. It just
formats a page that happens to be envelope size. If there's a way for it to
automatically recognize the address from a letter, for instance, I don't know
how to accomplish that. I'm a simpleton, I guess. I just start a new
document, set the page format to envelope, type that addresses and print.
That suits me for the very few envelopes I do print.

I have not had any trouble with OO restarting itself. I've had a few other
difficulties with MDK 9.0, browsers that suddenly quit communication to
printer, Galeon freezing all the time, Software Updater has never worked, and
a few other annoyances. I fixed the browsers be removing and reinstalling.
I've not figured out Software Updater, it connects but won't download a thing
from any connected server.

Oh, well, now I'm wandering far off topic. I don't have any other ideas for
you on OO except to try the old Microsoft solution of "remove and reinstall".
I personally hate that approach as I want to know what's wrong and fix it
directly. Good luck.

Linus

On Monday 16 December 2002 04:47 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> OK, Linus. Now I need some pointers. I'm used to Lotus WordPro, which
> recognises an envelope as a separate section, changing the orientation for
> that section only.
>
> In OOo I found that creating an envelope put the envelope as page 1 of the
> document. Can that page be re-oriented without affecting the body of the
> letter? My problem is that everything is, quite reasonably, I suppose,
> done to make change from MSOffice easy, but if you didn't use that anyway
> it can be a struggle to find how to achieve things. Any help you can give
> would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I do find that if I do something that upsets OOo it goes into this
> spontaneous re-boot, often corrupting the file as well. I had to re-type a
> long one yesterday because of that.
>
> Anne
>
> On Monday 16 Dec 2002 3:11 am, Linus Drouhard wrote:
> > I print envelopes on occasion with OO. No problems or special setup. I
> > just set the envelope into "landscape" mode and it works fine.
> >
> > Linus
> >
> > On Sunday 15 December 2002 01:45 pm, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > Has anyone cracked printing envelopes? In OOo and SO6 I get a
> > > spontaneous reboot as soon as I try to do it. John, do you print
> > > envelopes in KWrite? There has to be a way - it's degrading to have to
> > > use windows to print the envelope.
> > >
> > > Anne

you may want to resend that to whoever you meant to send it to :P

FemmeFatale

Good Decisions You boss Made:
"We'll do as you suggest and go with Linux. I've always liked that
character from Peanuts."

- Source: Dilbert