Hello Ivette,

> I want to install MDK 9.0 over MDK 8.2 without loosing all my settings
> (samba, komba2, VNC, documents,passwords,....)
> Is this possible?

Yes, there is an upgrade function on the MDK 9.0 ISO's or CD's.

> Do I have to re-format root partition and leave the rest as it is?

Nope, you don't have to, however as you have seen on this list, many people
have had problems with MDK 9.0, personally I have not encountered any
of these problems and the upgrade went really smoothly, but of course there is
an old saying that says "If it ain't broken, don't fix it". I am running 8.2 at work
on a box and I am very happy with it, I have managed to compile new versions
of most programs that I use like Sylpheed for example.

Cheers
Anders