Do it like this
append="mem=128M hdc=ide-scsi"
Good Luck
----- Original Message -----
From: Carrefour Esot�rique - L'Annuaire de l'Esot�risme
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 29, 2000 5:12 PM
Subject: Re: [newbie] Ram dectection
> Hi,
> I tried to put the line append="mem=128M" into my lilo.conf but i've yet
an
> append="hdc=ide-scsi". And 2 appends in the same stanza generate an error
> message.....
> How can I solve that ?
> or how can I install the first solution : "linux mem=128M" ??
>
> Thks for your help (I'm really newbie :-))
>
> Raoul
> --
> Carrefour Esot�rique
> http://carrefouresoterique.com
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Start linux with either "linux mem=128M" or....
> >
> > As root, edit /etc/config
> >
> > and code a line like the following in each stanza:
> >
> > append="mem=128M"
> >
> > Now run /sbin/lilo and next time you restart you'll have your full 128
meg
> > available
> >
> > Steve Flynn
> > IBM MVS Operations Analyst
> >
> > Lincong Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 29/02/2000 16:39:46
> >
> > Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > cc: (bcc: Steve Flynn/UK/Contr/IBM)
> > Subject: [newbie] Ram dectection
> >
> > Hello. everyone
> >
> > I have an Athalon 600 computer with 128Mb Micron PC100 memory.
> > Somehow Linux can only recognize about 64 Mb. Can anybody tell me how to
> > fix it.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Lincong Wang from Ann Arbor MI
>
> --
> Carrefour Esot�rique
> http://carrefouresoterique.com
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
>