You are absolutely right, and I don't dispute it. The point of my comment,
however, was simply to get Amreicans to _think_ about what's going on in their
own government. You have obviously thought about it, and you have reached your
own (laudable) conclusion. If it sounded like a direct attack on the civilian
population of the United States (and now that I think about it, it did seem a
bit harsh), I apologise.