http://www.fbi.gov/pressrel/pressrel08/miller_wsj092908.htm

For Immediate Release
September 29, 2008

Washington D.C.
FBI National Press Office
(202) 324-3691
The FBI is on Track with Its Intelligence Mission
Your article "FBI Wrestling With Remake as Intelligence Agency" (U.S. News,
Sept. 16) implies that the Federal Bureau of Investigation lacks determination
or direction on tackling its intelligence mission. In reality, the FBI's
Strategic Execution Team has employed best practices from the private and
public sectors to identify what was working well in our intelligence efforts
and how we could strengthen those efforts. We have standardized the
intelligence work roles and processes across all field offices. We have added
several weeks of updated hands-on training for field-office personnel,
developed new policies and handbooks for field intelligence, and tasked the
field offices to use these tools in new assessments of the potential threats in
their areas.
The field offices also need to know what they don't know and have a plan to
fill in those gaps. To improve the number and quality of our human sources, we
created special squads in every field office that will focus entirely on
developing human sources and intelligence collection. In addition, we launched
an effort to recruit, train and enhance the roles of intelligence analysts.
All of this progress in the field is vetted personally by Director Robert
Mueller on a regular basis over a classified video link. These sessions
reinforce the need for leadership in the field and accountability. Some of the
critics quoted in the Journal's piece seemed unaware of all this. We thought it
would be useful to let them and your readers know.
John Miller
Assistant Director
Federal Bureau of Investigation
Washington
(As printed in The Wall Street Journal)

Mark R. Taylor

Take no prisoners!

http://americantruckersatwar.com
AmericanTruckersAtWar Discussion Group
http://youtube.com/ironponyexpress

Google group...

To read more, go to:

http://www.newssarasota.com
http://newssarasotaezine.talkspot.com

To hear more, go to:

http://thecaptainsamerica.podomatic.com

Enjoy the priviledge you now share with others who want to know what others
don't...

Thanks,

Matt Bruce
Managing Editor
News Sarasota.com
Retired 25 Year Fire-Rescue Captain
Host Of:
"The Captain's AMERICA" Show
Heard From 12 noon to 1 PM ET Monday Thru Friday
LIVE On Net Talk World.com
Across America & Around The Globe At The Speed Of The Internet...
Weekend's Overnight on The Accent Radio Network...
Check Out:
http://thecaptainsamerica.com
http://www.nettalkworld.com

For more options, visit this group at