If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

____________________________

DC CONFIDENTIAL
June 6, 2004
____________________________

THE SHINING CITY OVER THE RAINBOW

“We kept faith with a promise as old as this land we love and as big as the sky, a
brilliant vision of America as a shining city on a hill.  Thanks to all of you, and
with God’s help, America’s greatest chapter is still to be written, for the best is
yet to come.”

- Ronald Reagan, 12/1/88

Thank you, President Reagan.  There will never be another like you.

REMEMBERING REAGAN

In tribute, we’ve posted excerpts from an interview Ronald Reagan did with Reason
magazine way back in 1975 which really gives you an insight into his political
thinking, including this priceless gem:  “I don’t believe in a government that
protects us from ourselves.”  Putting it in other words, he defends “one of our sacred
rights – to be stupid.”

In this extensive and wide-ranging interview, Reagan discusses what he saw as the
differences between the libertarian and conservative philosophies, the proper function
of government, his opposition to motorcycle helmet laws, federal involvement in
education, taxes,  the United Nations and whether or not he could vote for a
Libertarian Party candidate for president.  Catch these excerpts, as well as a link to
the full interview, on our News & Views EXTRA page today at:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

And if you’d like to share some thoughts or reflections on what “The Gipper” meant to
you, your family, our nation and the world...feel free to join the tribute page we’ve
set up on our Citizen Outreach Discussion Board at: http://blog.chuckmuth.com/blog/

*************************
Published by Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439
Washington, DC  20003-4303
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Citizen Outreach is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public policy organization and does not
endorse candidates or lobby for specific legislation.  The opinions and views
expressed in DC Confidential reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists
therein and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers,
directors or employees.