From Janine Nichols:

MARK GREEN FOR PUBLIC ADVOCATE . I'LL TELL YOU WHY

I have a good friend, a dear friend, an attorney and consumer 
advocate who has worked with TWELVE different commissioners in the 
NYC Departments of Consumer Affairs and Public Advocate. Twice she 
has worked with Mark Green, once at Consumer Affairs and once at 
Public Advocate. For a person such as she, who gets out of bed every 
morning with grit for the coming day's combat against fraud, usury, 
etc. on behalf of poor and otherwise vulnerable people, working for 
Mark Green has been her dream job.

I quote her: "I've worked for twelve commissioners in this city and 
Mark Green gets more done in THREE days than any other one of them 
ever got done in SIX months! He knows who the enemy is and he comes 
in every single day with a battle plan! He sets high standards for 
everybody because he likes to move fast, to have more than one 
investigation going on. So what he's got a lousy personality?"

So what, indeed? Let's agree that Mark Green lacks both grace and 
charisma. Believe me, Barack Obama makes up for whatever Mark Green 
lacks in grace and charisma because they are both on the side of the 
angels, metaphorical or not. Mark Green is a wonk with a very 
appealing vision of social democracy and a terrier unto pit bull. You 
want him representing your interests, not the other guy, who is a 
good-looking hack.

Which is to say I have lived in Bill deBlasio's district for as many 
years as he's been in office, the years during which he paid himself 
some $7million off the backs of city taxpayers. I've never seen dB, 
with or without his late-breaking, only-in-New-York vote-getting, 
interracial family, in a restaurant in Brooklyn or at any public 
event: not at Little League, not at PTA, not at the Prospect Park 
bandshell, not at a school event. Nothing, nowhere.

I once called BdB's office on behalf of my cooperative apartment 
building to request that a covered trash barrel be put our corner by 
the mailbox. They gave me the number for the Dept. of Sanitation who 
referred me back to deBlasio's office.

We didn't get the trash barrel.

MARK GREEN FOR PUBLIC ADVOCATE.


--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to Mark Crispin Miller's 
"News From Underground" newsgroup.

To unsubscribe, send a blank email to 
[email protected] OR go to 
http://groups.google.com/group/newsfromunderground and click on the 
"Unsubscribe or change membership" link in the yellow bar at the top of the 
page, then click the "Unsubscribe" button on the next page. 

For more News From Underground, visit http://markcrispinmiller.com
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to