FYI

From: "Alan Shark" <alan.sh...@pti.org>
Date: Feb 2, 2017 3:02 PM
Subject: PTI Announces Partnership with NACo and NLC
To: <cl...@e-democracy.org>

Dear Steven,

PTI is excited to announce a new partnership with the National Association
of Counties (NACo) and the National League of Cities (NLC). This
partnership will bolster the ability of PTI, NACo, and NLC to support
public sector leaders in addressing pressing technology issues. The
alliance will also provide additional technology expertise at NACo and NLC
events throughout the year.

With the new partnership, NACo will house PTI's personnel and assume its
administrative operations at its North Capitol Street headquarters. PTI
will provide mutual program support to NACo in developing cutting-edge
technology resources for America's city and county governments.
"Given the technology opportunities and challenges facing county government
- from big data and data-driven decision-making to cybersecurity and
digital communications - we're confident that working with PTI will help
position America's counties to build healthier, safer and smarter
communities," said Matthew Chase, NACo executive director.

"From the beginning, PTI has provided city governments with technology
solutions that address local challenges and help them better serve their
residents. We look forward to continuing to work together to educate and
inform local officials on the technology issues that impact their
communities," said NLC CEO and Executive Director Clarence E. Anthony.

We couldn't be more pleased as we navigate the many exciting and collective
opportunities moving forward. Today, more than ever, policy and technology
are intertwined, and we need to work harder at bridging any gaps that may
exist between elected leaders and public managers, as well as technology
executives and practitioners.

Sincerely,

Dr. Alan Shark
Executive Director
PTI

ABOUT PTI
The national, non-profit Public Technology Institute supports local
government executives and elected officials through research, education,
executive-level consulting services and national recognition programs.

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/72MGh6TNGXkfl7Tjg1SOc2