From: Peggy Holman <pe...@peggyholman.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 11:22 AM
Subject: [NCDD-DISCUSSION] A framework for Civic Communications for
communities and democracy
To: ncdd-discuss...@lists.ncdd.org

Hi all,

Some of you know that I’ve been involved with journalists and community
engagement for many years through a nonprofit that I co-founded called
Journalism That Matters. Over the last couple years, we’ve used an
assessment approach with organizations doing creative work at the
intersection of journalism and community called Developmental Evaluation
<http://www.betterevaluation.org/en/plan/approach/developmental_evaluation>.
It’s an approach that is at its best when dealing with complexity and
innovation.

We recently published a framework
<https://medium.com/journalismthatmatters/journalism-for-democracy-and-communities-a-new-framework-b537e28fb32b>
for
civic communications that support communities and democracy to thrive. In
brief, The framework outlines new skills and knowledge to enhance
journalism's effectiveness through different forms of community engagement. A
breakthrough our research: Innovations are more likely to come not by
looking narrowly through the lens of journalism but more broadly at all
kinds of civic communication. The framework articulates what the research
team learned and what we imagine for communications ecosystems that are
generative, inclusive, trustworthy, meaningful, and transparent.

Please check it out. And let us know what you think!

Thanks,
Peggy

[image: Civic Communications Framework.jpg]

_________________________________
Peggy Holman
Executive Director
Journalism that Matters
15347 SE 49th Place
Bellevue, WA  98006
206-948-0432 <(206)%20948-0432>
www.journalismthatmatters.net
www.peggyholman.com
Twitter: @peggyholman
JTM Twitter: @JTMStream

Enjoy the award winning Engaging Emergence: Turning Upheaval into
Opportunity <http://www.engagingemergence.com>

------------------------------

[image: NCDD Logo] <http://ncdd.org/>

*Take Action:* NCDD is a membership organization, and offers great benefits
to our members. We're making changes to our structure, effective June 15th.
Don't miss out - join, renew or upgrade your membership
<http://www.ncdd.org/join> today!

NCDD's discussion and announcement lists are generously donated by L-Soft (
www.lsoft.com) and are powered by L-Soft's LISTSERV mailing list management
software (www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html). Learn more about all of
NCDD's email lists at www.ncdd.org/listservs
<http://www.ncdd.org/rc/item/4434> -- and please read over the NCDD
Discussion list's ground rules <http://www.ncdd.org/rc/item/2624> before
you post.

Take Action: NCDD is a membership organization, and offers great benefits
to our members. We're making changes to our structure, effective June 15th.
Don't miss out - join, renew or upgrade your membership in NCDD today!

Email j...@ncdd.org to change the email address you're subscribed with or to
switch to a daily digest. To unsubscribe from the NCDD-DISCUSSION list,
click the following link:
http://lists.ncdd.org/scripts/wa-THATAWAY.exe?SUBED1=NCDD-DISCUSSION&A=1

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/6HnnHCiawqjv2h8k8YwxKm