There is a chance the Civic Technology and Open Government Facebook Group
will secure a $1M grant to do amazing things.

As you know, I've loved connecting people face to face as I've spoken
across 36 countries. Typically one or two people are connected digitally to
a network I run or participate in and then 10-20 new people join in after I
visit and *far* more importantly new local connections are made that lead
to civic tech goodness.

While this grant is a long long shot, you basically have to think big. I
can envision lots of virtual networking efforts and a massive civic
tech/tech for good/digital civic engagement/open gov *online based*
multi-day conference and lead-up events.

Every step of the way, the main Civic Tech and Open Gov Facebook Group will
grow with ongoing engagement to 100,000 members.

However, leading up to a big connect the world, multilingual online
conference held in the group, I can see a couple of round the world tours
combined with commissioning continental "who's doing what, what's working"
speakers in the first part of the one year effort.

If I showed up travel expense free with a modest budget for snacks, would
you secure/provide a location for a Civic Tech Facebook Group World Tour
event/meetup?

I would of course select locations that commit to solid outreach and get
creative with efforts to highlight local civic tech/open gov projects and
speakers along side me.

So, if you are tentatively interested in hosting an event, reply with your
name, org, city, country and contact info.

Also, if you haven't please join:
http://Facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup

Note today's post:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup/permalink/2080155258882726/

And if you want to advise my application which is due March 9, join here:
http://Facebook.com/groups/civicgroups

Thanks!

Steve

――