Howdy folks!

If you have a minute to make editing suggestions that will help me wow
folks at Facebook with my application, that would be great:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQh9zI_xte8mlkj-tW7elX4Vk5_LZUohckePJHtZm30/edit

I am finishing the application up tonight.

Also, thank you to everyone who nominated their city for a possible Civic
Technology World Tour meetup.

In summary, folks in 40+ countries offered to host special Civic Technology
World Tour meetups. Invites: 14 across Africa, 11 Asia/Pacific, 14 Europe,
16 Americas

If you want to add your city as a possible stop (in-person if I pull off a
miracle and Facebook decides to invest $1M in building out global civic
tech community (from 7500 members to 100,000+) OR virtually via Facebook
Live if I secure the honorable 50K in funding), add it here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup/permalink/2080273208870931/

Thanks,
Steve

Steven Clift  -  Executive Director, E-Democracy.org
   cl...@e-democracy.org  -  +1 612 234 7072
   http://twitter.com/democracy
Join in: http://facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup
Digital engagement for your org via E-Democracy:
   http://po.st/engageclift

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Steven Clift <cl...@e-democracy.org>
wrote:

> There is a chance the Civic Technology and Open Government Facebook Group
> will secure a $1M grant to do amazing things.
>
> As you know, I've loved connecting people face to face as I've spoken
> across 36 countries. Typically one or two people are connected digitally to
> a network I run or participate in and then 10-20 new people join in after I
> visit and *far* more importantly new local connections are made that lead
> to civic tech goodness.
>
> While this grant is a long long shot, you basically have to think big. I
> can envision lots of virtual networking efforts and a massive civic
> tech/tech for good/digital civic engagement/open gov *online based*
> multi-day conference and lead-up events.
>
> Every step of the way, the main Civic Tech and Open Gov Facebook Group
> will grow with ongoing engagement to 100,000 members.
>
> However, leading up to a big connect the world, multilingual online
> conference held in the group, I can see a couple of round the world tours
> combined with commissioning continental "who's doing what, what's working"
> speakers in the first part of the one year effort.
>
> If I showed up travel expense free with a modest budget for snacks, would
> you secure/provide a location for a Civic Tech Facebook Group World Tour
> event/meetup?
>
> I would of course select locations that commit to solid outreach and get
> creative with efforts to highlight local civic tech/open gov projects and
> speakers along side me.
>
> So, if you are tentatively interested in hosting an event, reply with your
> name, org, city, country and contact info.
>
> Also, if you haven't please join:
> http://Facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup
>
> Note today's post:
> https://www.facebook.com/groups/opengovgroup/permalink/2080155258882726/
>
> And if you want to advise my application which is due March 9, join here:
> http://Facebook.com/groups/civicgroups
>
> Thanks!
>
> Steve

――