From: Geoff Malosh
Sent: Sep 21, 2014 9:10 PM
To: NFC-L
Subject: [nfc-l] Buzz call over western Pennsylvania

Hi all,

I heard the attached buzz-type call on the morning of Sept 19 during the very large flight over the Pittsburgh suburbs I posted about a few days ago. My first thought was Dickcissel when I heard in real time it but a few people have commented that it doesn’t sound exactly right in the attached recording, which is true. Northern Rough-winged Swallow was the other immediate thought . . . any other possibilities?

The call in question is at 2.6 seconds into the clip. The same or a different bird sounds like it calls a few tenths of a second before that. Thanks for any comments.

Geoff Malosh

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Geoff Malosh | Editor, Pennsylvania Birds

450 Amherst Avenue | Moon Township, PA 15108-2654 | 412.735.3128

pomar...@earthlink.net | http://home.earthlink.net/~pomarine/index.html