To: <nfc-l@cornell.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2011 3:52 AM
Subject: [nfc-l] Large foggy flight over Port Monmouth, NJ

A thick fog has rolled in at 3:18 am near port Monmouth on the Raritan
bay. There are at least 3 flight calls a second. I've never heard so
much activity at night. Birds are coming in waves. Thrushes seem to be
flying higher in altitude compared to the other calls, they are also,
for the most part staying as east as possible. This was recorded about
500 feet from the bay. Recorded using Fire field recorder app on
iPhone. Can anyone ID any of these calls?

http://soundcloud.com/chase-schiefer/recording-10-19-3-21-am
‎"Our job is to record, each in his own way, this world of light and
shadow and time that will never come again exactly as it is today."
Edward Abbey

Chase Schiefer
Bachman's Ivory
Hazlet, NJ