Last night's migration (9/5-9/6) was the best that I've listened to so far this
year. Constant warbler calls from about 9pm to 1am, then only sporadic flight
notes after that. There was a thrush descent, around the time projected, but
not as beefy as I had expected, given the general migrant activity overnight.
I'm guessing most migrants cleared my area and ended up much farther south.

Here is my thrush and other bird night flight call count for the descent this
morning:

5-5:30am

3 - Swainson's Thrush
1 - Veery

5:30-5:40am

3 - Swainson's Thrush
2 - Veery
2 - Wood Thrush
1 - Warbler "zeep"
1 - Unidentified Shorebird

5:40am-5:50am

1 - Veery
1 - Unidentified Shorebird
1 - Warbler "chip" (probably Black-throated Blue)
1- Savannah Sparrow
1 - Killdeer

5:50am-6:00am (the majority of these commenced at 5:55am and continued just
until 6:00am).

73 - Swainson's Thrush
44 - Unidentified Thrush or distant Thrush-like calls
7 - Veery
7 - Wood Thrush
2 - Savannah Sparrow
1- Green Heron

6:00am-6:05am (the calls actually ceased being heard by 6:01am).

2 - Swainson's Thrush
1 - Unidentified Thrush or distant Thrush-like call

Other species heard/identified throughout the night while listening live or
with the use of Raven's spectrogram display and with some referencing to the
Evans-O'Brien NFC CD:

Green Heron
Chestnut-sided Warbler
American Redstart
Black-throated Blue Warbler
Common Yellowthroat
Indigo Bunting
Black-billed Cuckoo
Veery
Swainson's Thrush
Wood Thrush
Rose-breasted Grosbeak
Canada Warbler
Mourning Warbler
Savannah Sparrow
Bay-breasted Warbler
Blackpoll-type Warbler
Wilson's Warbler
Ovenbird

Fun night and I hope others in the Northeast had an opportunity to listen, too!

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--