William Allen Simpson wrote on Tue, Mar 01, 2016 at 08:52:42PM -0500:
> On 3/1/16 4:18 PM, Dominique Martinet wrote:
> >Anyway, I'm a bit at lost right now, will go see you again when I'm back
> >on this.

Looks like I was just hitting issues with the xdr_bitmap4 code, because
that's the only part of nfsv41.h that comes with a pre-allocated buffer
of fixed size (so we get memory corruption when the client tries to send
a bitmap larger than 3, and I had kept the max above 3 wrongly)

> This sounds like the problems I had debugging nTI-RPC duplex and
> some others.  Matt had already done a re-write of the original
> functions, splitting them into decode, encode, and free.   Much
> faster code, but no error returns.  There were a few small logic
> errors that became evident as soon as I logged error messages.
>
> I was looking at re-writing these in the same manner, as I already
> have to redo some code for RDMA Direct-Placement capable ops.
>
> Would you be willing to do a rewrite?

I'm sure that will be useful eventually but I don't really want to start
something that big now.

I've submitted just the max changes here:
https://review.gerrithub.io/264956

Please comment it and try to think if there's anything that could use
bigger/smaller limits than what I have set.
I really did not bother making sense of it much here:
 - all arrays are 1k
 - all xdr_bytes are 1M, except strings (4k) and IO
(read/write/readdirplus, 8M)

(there's another commit before it that fixes a dereferencing error,
explicit casts are evil)

I have a few more commits coming up but they're going to need more
testing tomorrow before I can send them.

--
Dominique