Also keep in mind that FSAL VFS can never, by it's very nature, beat knfsd, since it has to do everything knfsd does, but also has userspace <-> kernespace transitions. Ganesha's strength is exporting userspace-based cluster filesystems.

That said, we're always working to make Ganesha faster, and I'm sure there's gains to be made, even in these circumstances.

Daniel