What version are you running? Significant improvements have been made in
V2.6 (which is close to being tagged V2.6.0).

Frank

From: Deepak Jagtap [mailto:deepak.jag...@maxta.com]
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 4:01 PM
To: nfs-ganesha-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Nfs-ganesha-devel] nfs ganesha vs nfs kernel performance

Hey Guys,

I ran few performance tests to compare nfs gansha and nfs kernel server and
noticed significant difference.

Please find my test result:

SSD formated with EXT3 exported using nfs ganesha  : ~18K IOPS    Avg
latency: ~8ms       Throughput: ~60MBPS

same directory exported using nfs kernel server:             ~75K IOPS
Avg latency: ~0.8ms    Throughput: ~300MBPS

nfs kernel and nfs ganesha both of them are configured with 128 worker
threads. nfs ganesha is configured with VFS FSAL.

Am I missing something major in nfs ganesha config or this is expected
behavior.

Appreciate any inputs as how the performance can be improved for nfs
ganesha.

Please find following ganesha config file that I am using:

NFS_Core_Param

{

        Nb_Worker = 128 ;

}

EXPORT

{

    # Export Id (mandatory, each EXPORT must have a unique Export_Id)

   Export_Id = 77;

   # Exported path (mandatory)

   Path = /host/test;

   Protocols = 3;