Hello!

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:27:11PM +0200, Rastislav Stanik wrote:

> On 10/03/2016 08:43 PM, Rastislav Stanik wrote:
> > On 09/21/2016 08:55 PM I've sent a patch
> > http://mailman.nginx.org/pipermail/nginx-devel/2016-September/008815.html
> > that adds support for "flastmod" SSI command. I got no feedback.
>
> I've posted a patch. I've posted the same patch again. I've asked on IRC
> channel
> and I've e-mailed Igor directly (since his name is in the history of the
> touched code).
>
> And I have yet to get _any_ feedback. This is getting frustrating.
>
> Is here someone who would at least tell me that nginx is not interested in my
> effort?
> Pretty please?

The patch in question is far from being committable.  And I, in
particular, don't have time to do a detailed review and/or rewrite
the patch.

Some basic problems with the patch I see:

1. A lot of style errors.

2. It does direct file accesses, while in general SSI module
doesn't access files and does subrequests instead: this allows to
do arbitrary processing in URI space using nginx configuration,
including passing various resources to external machines.
Breaking the rule "resources used by SSI can be proxied" doesn't
look like a good move, even if this is to support additional
commands.  Re-doing this via subrequests might be an option
though.

3. The fsize command is mostly identical and should be handled in
a similar manner.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://nginx.org/