Hi Sergey,

> An obvious question is why do you need this change.  Homebrew seems
> to be quite niche to pay attention.

Homebrew [1] is orders of magnitude more popular than MacPorts [2],
which is already supported by the configure script.

> Using appropriate paths in
> --with-cc-opt / --with-ld-opt should work (not tested).

Everything under auto/lib can be replaced with --with-{cc,ld}-opt,
so I don't really understand this reasoning.

> A quick grep for MacPorts search paths suggests that some libraries
> are missing in the change.  If this is on purpose, please reflect
> this in the description.

libxml2, libxslt, and libexslt are all installed as part of Xcode,
which is required to use Homebrew and compile anything on macOS.

I'll ship update patch in a moment.

> Apple Silicon is something from the marketing language,
> using Apple ARM instead should be fine.
>
> Notably, Homebrew uses Hardware::CPU.arm Ruby language boolean
> to make the distinction.

There is no such thing as "Apple ARM".

The official documentation uses the term "Apple silicon" [3],
Homebrew refers to the supported platform as "Apple Silicon" [4],
and Wikipedia has an article about "Apple silicon" [5].

> Further, given the smooth decay on Intel-based hardware,
> I'd reduce this just to "Homebrew".

But that would be misleading, seeing that the new code path doesn't do
anything for Homebrew on Intel.

And then, there is Homebrew on Linux [6].

[1] https://formulae.brew.sh/analytics/install-on-request/30d/
[2] https://ports.macports.org/statistics/ports/
[3] https://support.apple.com/en-us/116943
[4] https://formulae.brew.sh/formula/nginx#default