Hi Michael,

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 02:09:57PM +0000, Friscia, Michael wrote:
> I’m at a loss on this. I am working on a cache problem where some pages need
> to be bypassed and others will be cached. So the web server is adding a
> response header (X-Secured-Page). I’ve tried multiple combinations of
> $http_x_secured_page and $sent_http_x_secured_page and even though I see the
> header when I inspect the page, the IF statements inside the location block
> are not getting fired off.
>
> What could I possibly be doing wrong?

If you want to disable caching for a specific response, you can use the
proxy_no_cache directive.  Pass it $upstream_http_x_secured_page if you want
to disable caching of responses having this HTTP header.

Using "if" directive for analyzing output headers like $sent_http_x_secured_page
will not work since "if" is evaluated at an early request processing stage
(rewrite phase) and no output is normally created by this time.

--
Roman Arutyunyan