On 02/03/2018 14:17, Vladimir Homutov wrote:

Perhaps I should have expressed it as I'd like other people to sort by
date and that isn't going to happen unless it's easy, ie, built in.

autoindex on | off | date | text | ... ;

Well, if you want some interactive sorting, you have to do it  in
javascript; the native autoindex module is able to output json/jsonp,
so a simple js script may be used to implement any desired behaviour.

No, I want *other* people to sort their indices by date where appropriate. It's more likely to happen if it's easy - no plugin, no scripting.

Having just done my monthly check for software updates on 421 projects I have a reason. Many are in text sorted directory listings and would benefit from date ordering.

James.